Monday, September 19, 2011

Let's play catch up...

Sawyer had her first episode of puking.  She never even spit up as a baby.  Always kept everything down.  She had a snot face for like three days and was totally fine, thought she had a UTI (that went away on it's own).   So this was foreign  to me.  Then Saturday night, well actually Sunday morning at 2:17am, Sawyer had vomited up her hot dogs and s'mores all over her bed.  So I cleaned her all up and was like well ok, she had some water and breast milk and laid right back down and went to sleep at 2:37, she puked up more and by this time I knew she was sick.  So we moved out into the living room, I went through three shirts and I just let SJ rock a diaper, and we went through my whole pantry of clean bath towels.  It was awful about every 20-40 minutes she was hurling up her stomach contents, until nothing was left.  After she'd puke she would rub my arm and say, "Sorry mah".  Poor girl.  Then she would go back to sleep and wake up puking again.  I would have taken her to the ER, and I work in one but there was no way I was putting her in a car.  I knew she was sick.  She couldn't keep anything down, she would just puke it right back up.  Then she looked a little better by daylight and slept a good two hours from 8am to 10am.  She would only drink water but would puke it right back up about ten minutes later. She would walk around the living room and then just put her head down on the coffee table.  I was so sad to watch.  By noon she was able to keep sips of water and some breast milk down.  I thought at first she just played too hard the night before, swinging on this huge swing set, Jake's parent had, because I know how motion sick I get.  But then today is Monday and she is eating a little more and drinking she still isn't 100%, but she had two bouts of diarrhea.  Poor baby.  I figured it wasn't the stomach flu because I definitely got some of her puke in my mouth, but knock on wood, I never got sick.  No one else in the family is sick either, that I know of.  Except maybe baby play group.  Grrh.

1 comment:

Getting Dirty with the Derksemas said...

Sad. Poor girl. And poor Mah for getting puke in your mouth!!!