And this post.....?
Well it's finally done.
Step one: Wash with
soap and water with a scrub brush and hose.
Step two: Let dry a couple days.
Step three: Sand....Sand and Sand some more. (I am hoping Jake gets me an electric sander for Easter. I know present aren't meant for Easter, but He spoils me.)
Step four: Borrow neighbors chop saw and cut off bottom of bookshelf. (Jake did this part.)
Step Five: Repeat step three.
Step Six: Stain, I used Minwax Wood Finish Provincial 211, wiped it on with a paper towel.
Step seven: I painted the back of the bookcase. I just used a left over living room sample paint (an olive green color) and eye balled it. There was too much water damage to not cover it up. I was going to cover it in fabric but Jake said the whole bookshelf would probably crumble if I took the backing off.
Step eight: Rub on some Minwax Polyurethane clear gloss.