Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Be Kind

I finished reading The Help by Kathryn Stocket.  I couldn't put it down.  It was amazing.  I didn't want it to end.  I told Jake that when we get a big dog, I want to name her Mae Mobley.  I also tell Sawyer every day.."She Kind, She Good and She Important."   This book is just a reminder of how far we have come as a society.  But in my opinion we aren't even close.  Be kind, and treat others how you want to be treated.  Surround yourself with people love you.  Sometimes, I wonder how people sleep at night?

Just make me think of how things have calmed down so much since Sawyer came into the world.  The last time I actually read a book for pure pleasure was when I was pregnant living at my Grandma's.  I was on a role with the Evanovich series.  We read so many baby books.  My favorites were What to Expect when you are Expecting and What to expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff.  The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp.  The Sleep Easy Solution by Jennifer Waldburger and Jill Spivack.  I think it's funny, how there is one little sentence at the beginning.  If your baby cries for longer then four hours, seek medical attention. If you baby is sick in any way (reflux being one of the reasons) these techniques won't work on your baby.  I wish these were bold and highlighted!!!

Look at the big 'ol head, her hat kept slipping off.  She was so gorgeous....she still is.

She had a binkie before we even left the hospital. 

Most of her pictures look like this for at least the first month or two, if we even remembered to take pics.  This was her first bath at home.  I remember she cried the whole time.  Jake said, "Let's not give her another bath for a while."  I was like, "Deal."

I didn't realize Sawyer was a colicky baby until she wasn't anymore.  Either did Jake.  We were just like, holy crap this is hard.  I thank all my close friends and my family for realizing this.  This just makes us prepared for next time.  Jake is such a good daddy. 

I am so excited for Summer.  I can't wait to go garage sale hopping, swimming at Lake Tahuyeh.  Sawyer is going to have so much fun this year.  I haven't really done any new projects lately.  But I have so many ideas up my sleeves.  We are going to the Ocean, one of my favorite places.  Jake and I have never been together. 

No baby birdies yet.

I can't wait to check out all these great antique spots my bestie Sarah (with an H) posted on her blog recently. 
Thanks God for music..it really get's me through sometimes.  Like this Song for my Grandma.

1 comment:

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Awww, you have a beautiful baby :)
I agree, wasn't The Help the best book ever?