Sunday, May 1, 2011

What you missed while I was in mourning...

.....I know I'm a drama queen, just like SJ's binky says.  My Grandma Nancy passed away and I have had to do some serious soul searching and me processing this actually went better then expected. To be honest with you, I was more sad for my mom. I had to put the computer aside and put my blogging on hold. She passed away in a comfortable bed with scalloped hemmed white sheets, we were all with her, and she was pain free. She is with Grandpa now. I feel like I had a special bond with her and cherished all the time we spent together. I visited her as much as I could during her last week, two sometimes three times a day. I knew she was ready, she told me she was. Sawyer kissed her on the lips each times we saw her.

Everyone who saw her graduation picture in her obituary, told me I look like her. I loved hearing it too.


I am reading a fabulous new book, The Help by Kathryn Stocket. I highly recommend this book I haven't put it down since I bought it. Jake asked me last night, "How is your book, love?" I told him to only ask me questions he really wants to hear the answer to.


I started running. Three times last week and four times this week. It feels amazing and I push myself harder each time. I won't mention how my front wheel of my new-used jogging stroller flew off and we crashed. Apparently, the front wheel has to be locked if you decide to jog and guess who didn't get the memo? I swear to myself I won't quit. The wetlands trails at sunset are like Heaven on earth, makes me think of my Grandma.

We watched this movie probably seven times....in the last three days...


Remember my last post about of our first flowers of Spring? Well, the planer box on the side of the house, has a bird's nest. I know, isn't that awesome? Jake makes me park on the other side of the driveway so I don't bother the birds.


Just look a little closer....


Closer...


There is four light blue speckled eggs.


That's mama bird.

We mowed the yard for the first time this year...


Sawyer got a ride on daddy.  That whole day she wouldn't put down the paint brush. 


We made waffles for the first time in our new waffle maker....that we got as a wedding gift almost three years ago.


This is how Bean watches her movies...


Or like this...it's a rough life...


Tutu swimsuit and a kiddy pool...she loved it..


I heart her. (Notice the devil horns, she's a rocker through and through!)


Sweet old milk crate, that Jake scored for five dollars.  I also loved antiquing with Sara and Sarah.


I got a dollhouse for my doll.  I can't wait to paint it the same color as our house....and the door yellow.


We have a herb garden now....Chives, Sage and Thyme.


Our dogs got older...


Sawyer got more teeth...


I made another wreath...pretty much what I do.


We planted tomatoes and peppers....seems like we just put those together the other day.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, as usual. I've always wanted to walk the wetlands trail! I've heard great things about it. I LOVE that Sawyer got to ride the lawnmower with Jake--that's one of my most vivid memories of my Granddad Fields... riding with him as he cut the field. I am so glad I got to see you so much this weekend! Love ya!!

justan said...

This is my first visit to your blog and i love it!! even though your my younger cousin you've always been an inspiration to me and all you have accomplished, i'm also envious of the time you spent with grandma and grandpa that i wasn't able to. you're pretty awesome and i love you natty!

OurSoundHome said...

Good morning, Nat! So glad you took time to be with your grandma. It sounds like she was a very special woman, and I am sure she loved having you by her side. I am so glad I got to meet Sawyer this weekend. And Jake, too! I don't think I had met him before, I think it just feels like I have between the blog & facebook. I love that little nest in your planter! How sweet that there are eggs, too! You'll be able to hear little birdy chirps soon :-) happy Spring! Love you!

HitsPanicButton said...

We have Tangled too. Since Isabelle has short hair now, she carries her blanket up behind her neck as her 'hair'. And she fell asleep with her toy frying pan the other night.