Friday, July 15, 2011

Laundry Room

I love my laundry room.  It's probably my favorite room in the house.  I painted it yellow.  If you didn't know what my favorite color is....it's yellow.  I got a sweet mirror with hooks at a garage sale for $3.00 and I just wanted to share it with y'all. 

I love it.  The color is a little bit darker than our trim, but I don't care it goes perfectly.  It literally kicked my butt while I attempted hanging the darn thing.  I picked screws that fit in the holes, but didn't fit when I needed to hang it straight on, I had to tilt it.  So second set of screws I needed dry wall screws.  Sawyer was helping me.  I was sweating and cussing up a storm.  The whole rest of the day she was walking around saying..."mutha footka".  I'll let you figure that one out. 

I would love to find some sweet vintage sheets and make a curtain over the shelf above the washer and dryer. 



Notice I didn't paint the ceiling yellow.  I like white ceilings...would love crown molding some day.  But I am not an over achiever and if it's not broke, I don't fix it.  Check out how I made the yellow flower mirror HERE.  It will now need a new home since I have my new mirror.  Two mirrors in a small laundry room is a little much, don't you think?

This is the greatest idea since....tampons.  I really doesn't splash.  I am waiting for Costco to carry it,  so I can buy two huge bottles of if at once and for cheaper.  I am addicted to cleaning and love bleach for my whites and to clean my toilet bowls.  I know this sounds strange but having two huge bottles of bleach is almost more important than having a gallon of milk in the fridge.  And I have many of favorite t-shirts, that have bleach splatters...but not with this stuff.  It's heavenly. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really need to work on my laundry room... it's small and needs to hold a lot of random stuff. You've inspired me--I think that it will be today's project!

And seriously? "Mutha footka" totally just made my morning!