Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tray Makeover

So I got this fabulous fabric my dear friend, Amanda.  Ever since I got it, all I can think about was what I was going to do with it.  It is right up my alley, funky kitchen style with yellows, oranges and greens.  I got this ugly tray the other day at value village for a buck.  I liked the tray because, it was metal and the trim was light yellow with just enough age it to.  So I used my mod podge and look what I made.
This is the tray before.

Supplies: scissors, fabric, mod podge, and tray

Cut fabric to fit into tray.

Cover in mod podge, I put two layers of plain yellow fabric I had, under the cute fabric, just to make sure my ivy wouldn't show through. 

Finished product, I am contemplating adding handles?

 Honey crisp apples are so worth $2.99 a pound, a little under $2.00 per apple

2 comments:

m. said...

delish- both apples and project! so happy you liked the fab! great idea!

Erin @ 3 Meadow Lake Cottage said...

What a fun print on that fabric - so you! Cute makeover on the tray :0
I agree, honeycrisps are totally worth the price. There's nothing worse than mushy apples!
Hope you have a good weekend - it's supposed to be super nice - wu hoo!!!!
Thanks for linking up to the party!
~Erin